PT Gunung Bara Utama (“GBU”) is an Indonesian coal mining company established in March 2007 with total concession area of 5,350 Ha. GBU mine is located in Mantar village, Damai sub‐district, West Kutai Regency of East Kalimantan, Indonesia. GBU mining concession is located approximately 60 km west of the Mahakam River.
Full scale exploration at the site began in 2008 and currently conducting pre-mining preparation for initial production in early 3Q14.
V I S I O N
"To become the leading Indonesian integrated coal mining company"
M I S S I O N
"PT Gunung Bara Utama focuses on key strategic initiatives"
* * * * *
* * * * *
Coal Resources, Reserves & Quality
- GBU commenced its initial exploration in 2007 which warranted further drilling to substantiate the result through internationally recognized resources and reserves measurements.
- In 2012, PT Danmar Explorindo, an internationally JORC licensed consultant engaged by GBU issued JORC report on GBU coal resources, reserves and quality. The summary of the resources, reserves and quality are as follow :
- The table below highlights GBU reserves, resources and coal specifications:
- GBU Coal Quality :
COAL RESOURCES (MT)
COAL RESERVES (MT)
|Total Moisture (ARB)||%||22|
|Inherent Moisture (ADB)||%||11|
|Ash Content (ADB)||%||7||9|
|Volatile Matter (ADB)||%||40% approx.|
|Fixed Carbon (ADB)||%||By Difference|
|Total Sulphur (ADB)||%||0.6||0.8|
|Gross Calorific Value (ARB)||Kcal/Kg||5500||5300|
|Hardgrove Grindability Index (HGI)||Min 45|
GBU adopts methodical mine planning matched with the objective in finding the most economical ore extraction plan. However, GBU’s view to adopt a long-term planning strategy in view of safeguarding the future viability of the company’s coal businesses.
GBU’s short-term mine plan strategies are:
- To mine at the most economically beneficial mine design by optimizing the strip ratio to meet coal market trends.
- To be conservative in mine planning and execution for a smooth commencement of production and subsequent production ramp up.
- To deploy strategy to ensure higher degree of financial visibility without scarifying risk associated timing and production setback.
- To partner with contractors who posses complete understanding of the operation as well as social landscape.
GBU’s medium-to long-term strategies are:
- To continuously demonstrate its capability to orchestrate between sound mine planning & execution, financial requirements from various stakeholders and the dynamics of the market condition.
- Strive to maintain good balance between key performance factors vs the varying degrees of operating landscapes.
Regulatory License & Permit
The following license & permits have been obtained:
|General Survey License||No. 545/K501a/2008|
|ANDAL(Environmental Permit)||No. 660.1/023/KA-ANDAL/XII/2008|
|Exploration License||No. 545/K.739a/2009 - 9 September 2009|
|Mining License (IUP)||No. 545/K.875a/2009|
|Principle License for IPPKH||No. S. 161/Menhut-VII/2011|
|IPPKH License||No. SK.386/Menhut-II/2012|
|Special Port Operating License||No. KP 263/2013|
GBU stresses the importance of continuous development and quality improvement of its workforce. GBU human capital
development program seek to encompass the following key objectives:
- Strengthening the organization overall human capital capability through developmental road map addressing short‐term business requirements in view of long-term plan.
- Clear understanding of the vision element’s guiding principles and the connectivity governing responsibility, authority and delegation.
- Lean organization fostering empowerment, transparency, accountability, performance culture and knowledge sharing.
- Established on 1927.
- On January 2015, Thiess became the world's largest contract miner.
- Major Services: Development, Extraction, Processing, Remediation, Asset Management and Maintenance, etc.
- Indonesia Coal Mining Clients: KPC Sanggata, Bayan Group At Melak Coal Mine, PT. Arutmin Indonesia at South Kalimantan, Harum Energy's Mahakam Sumber Jaya at South Kalimantan and more coal mining project around the world.
- Contract for 7 years period.
- website: www.thiess.com
- Established on 2008.
- Services: Mining contractor services, road management, port management services and coal trading.
- Projects: PT.Bara Kumla Sakti at Samarinda, PT.Garda Tujuh Buana Tbk at Pulau Bunyu, PT.Lamindo Intermultikon at Pulau Bunyu.
- Contract for 5 years period, extendable for 3 years.
- website: www.vprmininginfra.com
- Established on February 19, 1981 with core business in heavy equipment contract services and spareparts supplies.
- Developed a heavy equipment rental division in 1985 to cater to industry demand.
- Appointed sole agent for marketing kobelco branded equipment spareparts in 1986.
- Sub-contractor of JO Jaya Obayashi for Paiton PLTU project in 1991.
- Key Clients: PT.Berau Coal, PT.Tanito Harum, etc.
- website: www.ricobana.co.id
Logistic - Hauling Road & Coal Handling Facility
GBU’s infrastructure is one of the key success factors for the future of its mining businesses. Once the construction has been completed, the investment would have resulted in 60km of the longest hauling road ever built in the Kutai Regency.
GBU hauling road will be the most viable transportation choice for miners in Central & East Kalimantan. Our hauling road leads to Mahakam River which provides all seasons and all year transshipment capabilities. The other less viable option is through Barito River which does not offer year-long transshipment capabilities.
Some of the GBU’s infrastructure value propositions are:
- Design and construction involved specialist in their respective fields to ensure quality.
- The ROI justifies the opportunity to realize strategy in value creation opportunity in supply chain management.
- GBU infrastructure is equipped to accommodate multi-years production capability and to withstand all operating condition in the region.
- The existence of the 60-KM hauling road will open-up resources in the area which previously were considered non-existence due to the unavailability of such hauling road.
- Constructed to ensure hauling in all-weather conditions (all-weather road).
- 6 bridges (longest: 90m) and 1 overpass
- 13m road width on +/- 100m wide construction area
- 100 ton trucks with total capacity of 20.000.000 Ton Per year
MoU dengan Unmul, PT GBU Salurkan 40 Beasiswa Bagi Mahasiswa Kubar | Kaltim Post
SAMARINDA - Untuk mendukung dunia pendidikan di Kabupaten Kutai Barat, PT Gunung Bara Utama (GBU) pada awal tahun 2021 bersiap menyalurkan beasiswa bagi 40 mahasiswa asal daerah tersebut yang berkuliah di Universitas Mulawarman.
Penyaluran beasiswa ini ditandai dengan penandatanganan Nota Kesepahaman MoU (Memorandum of Understanding) di Kantor Rektorat Unmul Lantai 3, Senin (3/11/2020).
Kepala Biro Perencanaan, Kerjasama dan Humas Unmul, Sugiyarta, SE., M.Si menjelaskan penerima beasiswa PT GBU nantinya melalui seleksi dengan nilai mata kuliah yang memenuhi syarat. [read more...]
Kaltim Post | Senin, 11 Januari 2021 14:31
COME, JOIN WITH US by sending your CV to :